I’m delighted to share a fabulous guide to incorporating family heirlooms into your big day, with beautiful brooch bouquets.
Every bride wants make their wedding day as unique as possible, and what could be more so than incorporating meaningful family heirlooms into their day?
One of the most important aspects of any wedding is family. Every family has special heirlooms which have been passed down generations and adding these into your wedding bouquet or button-hole can be the perfect way to honour your loved ones.
Lindsey Hunter creates bespoke vintage brooch bouquets, bridesmaid posies and button holes. Each design is made to the specification requested by the bride and Lindsey always tries to incorporate family heirloom pieces into her designs.
How to include family heirlooms into your bouquet or button holes:
– Choose a sentimental necklace which can be wrapped around the handle of a bouquet.
– You might have an old or broken watch that doesn’t work any more – these are perfect for placing in a bouquet. Watches can be set to the time of the wedding ceremony to remember the day forever.
– Lockets with a picture of someone special are a great heirloom to include within bouquets, especially if that person cannot be there to celebrate your wedding day.
– Brooches are a popular family heirloom – add a number of different brooches to your bouquet and match or contrast them with your wedding theme.
– Some vintage brooches have the word ‘mother’ on, these are perfect for creating a bespoke button holes for the mother of the bride.
– Initial brooches are very popular – include a grandparent’s initial brooch in your bouquet or add an initial brooch to a bridesmaid’s posy as a keep sake and a piece they can cherish forever.
As well as family heirlooms, you can incorporate pieces found in jewellery shops and antique stores. Lindsey is always keeping her eyes open for sentimental brooches to add to her bouquets.
If you love vintage style, you will adore the bouquet Lindsey will create for you. Lindsey delicately hand makes each bouquet using crystals, brooches, jewellery, feathers, paper roses, everlasting sprigs of various flowers and of course family heirlooms.
A selection of the exclusive Vintage Bridal Bouquets collection is currently available from Etsy and by contacting Lindsey directly. The collection includes cute round, heart-shaped, crescent, and shower bouquets as well as bridesmaid posies and beautiful boutonnières.
For more information please visit –