Today’s featured supplier is a wonderful company based in Plymouth, Devon. Ran by sister team Catherine & Jessica, BoBunting is newly established, but fast becoming one of the premier suppliers of high quality bunting for the South West. I had a Q & A session with them to find out a little bit more about the business…
Why did you decide to start up BoBunting?
A friend asked Catherine to make some bunting for their wedding. The comments from the other wedding guests were very complimentary, which got me thinking about how popular bunting is at the moment.
My sister and I love making things and so the idea was formed – to make high quality, beautiful bunting using lovely fabrics. Our customers then have a beautiful decoration at their event without having to invest the time and money required to make it themselves.
What would you say your main priorities are as a company?
- To make very high quality bunting which stands apart from the rest of the bunting currently available on the market.
- To offer bunting which appeals to different types of events: our ‘Oriel’ and ‘Parrot’ are very popular with weddings whilst ‘Sparrow’ appeals to those that like the idea of something reused (it is made from reclaimed fabric) and the ‘Cuckoo’ range is great for those wanting a splash of bright colour.
What’s been the most challenging aspect of starting your business?
Finding the time to make all of our bunting and launch the business whilst both working full time.
Where do you see the business going in the future? Do you have plans to expand?
- We hope the business will grow from strength to strength as we spend more time promoting it.
- We are looking to introduce an option to buy bunting in the near future.
- We are also researching into fabric table decorations and flower bouquets – watch this space!
If you’re interested in hiring out BoBunting for your wedding or events, here’s the hire info you’ll need –
All our bunting is made by hand with good quality fabric and each flag is double sided. Each BoBunting flag is 11″ (28cm) wide and 12″ (31cm) long, and with close spacing between each flag the bunting makes really good decoration at a venue.
The bunting is hired in 12 metre lengths with extra ribbon at each end to link to another strand with a simple bow.
We have six colours of bunting to choose from and up to 250 metres available in each color.
The cost of hire for each 12 metre strand of BoBunting is £12.00 with a minimum 60 metre hire for each event (normally a long weekend).
Each hire comes with an additional cost of £25.00 for transport to and from the event (or other address at your request), and a refundable reposit of £10.00 per 12 metres of bunting.
You can contact BoBunting by one of the following methods –
Tel – Jessica on 07809 721452 or Catherine on – 07517 633096.
Web – www.bobunting.co.uk
Twitter – @BoBunting
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/bobunting